Re-union
I first met Jenny Hale as a fellow student in Jude Bischoff's, The Business of Art class series and we became instantly good friends and followers of Jude's. Then a few years ago, we reunited when I was involved with Ruth Chase's Belonging Project and Jenny was involved with CHIRP's Visibility Through Art exhibit. Jenny and I, found ourselves attracted to each others work and excitedly starting conversing about collaborating on a performance art project together. We dreamed of a creative work set in nature while diving deep to mine for the many faceted issues around the planet we live on and our ever increasing needs for its resources. Fast forward. We got the grant we dreamed of from the California Humanities for All Project Grant, December 2020! Good news and then some Holy Sh-t! Everything we touched on learning in Bischoff's classes we now are having to do for real. We just want to be artists making art! But someone has to run it as a business. So that is how it goes... running the business and making the art; hand in hand together.
Comments
Post a Comment